Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Rogue's Salad

My Pa (the first cook in my life, the one who fed me martini's and Ridge wine when I was two), introduced me to the Rogue River Creamery a few years ago...  they make cheese, in Oregon.

Gorgeous, delicious cheese.  This recipe showcases their Bleu, a gorgonzola dolce-esq bleu that is very creamy, and not at all on the stinky side.  I always called blue cheese "stinky cheese" - my Pa ate a lot of it, and he was stinky!

It takes about 2 minutes to make this, so you can whip it up anytime, this is for 4.  It is a rare day when I use a pre-made salad dressing, so this one is all my own, not derived from anywhere.



The Dressing

In a small bowl, put 
-2 teaspoons Balsamic vinegar
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-2 teaspoons honey
-salt & pepper to taste

Whisk the dressing together and toss with:

- 4 handfulls of fresh baby spinach leaves

Arrange 1 Bosc pear, sliced lengthwise, thinly on 
top of lightly dressed spinach.

Crumble Rogue River Bleu on top.

Drizzle remainder of dressing over the pear.  

EAT UP!!









No comments:

Post a Comment